Placements in UK and Italy
If you are a flexible person, who is easy to live with, has a good amount of experience with children and good references to prove this, then I would like to hear from you!
Monica’s Nannies is a Childcare Agencies that place candidates into families in the UK and Italy.
Au-pairing is a great way of achieving a fulfilling work and travel year. I also offer live in nanny, mother’s help and housekeeper/Housekeeping & Domestic Placement positions.
I am based in London and registered in the UK. I offer positions throughout London, Great Britain & Italy.
Au pair placement
Register Now to be an Au Pair, Mother’s Help or Nanny.
Please be prepared to send us your:
- CV, with a full description of your childcare experience and other works, written in English.
- Photos of yourself
- Childcare references and a character reference (not from family members or close friends). I supply forms for Character & Childcare References.
- Copies of other important documents like driving licence, school graduation certificate, degree, passport
- Please organise for a police check on yourself (this must be recent – within 3 months of your application). If you have been living in the UK then you can apply for a DBS check through me.
- Please obtain a medical certificate from your doctor. This will be shown to the family before you start work. The medical report should relate to your physical & mental health (and must be current/ up to date).
- There is no charge to register with Monica’s Nannies to begin your Overseas Experience.
Regardless of whether or not you choose to register with Monica’s Nannies, I advise you to always find your host family through a reputable agency – don’t try to find one by yourself. Why?
- An Agency has the experience to make a good match, so the placement is far more likely to be a success.
- To help ensure your safety and security.
- The Au Pair Agency will have informed the Host Family about details of the Au Pair Programme, what is or is not allowed and will make sure you are treated fairly.
- To help support you when you are in your destination country; if you have questions, problems or need advice.
- To help you settle in, to put you in touch with a database of potential friends, language school etc.
- To give you access to the official BAPAA App, to easily find and contact other local au pairs / mother’s helps
- To give you the official Placement Certificate at the end of your au pair year, highly valued by universities and future employers
- To check references of the host family.
You will be a great Au Pair / Mother’s Help if you:
- Are caring, cheerful, honest, respectful, friendly, helpful, patient and flexible!
- Genuinely love children to look after them and play with them.
- Are open to new cultures- including new foods!
- Can cope well despite any homesickness, which you might suffer from at the start.
- Are independent, but also enjoy being part of a family.
Being an au pair for the first time, in a foreign country, is both very exciting and a little bit daunting! The most important thing is to choose your future host family with great care. Do not be afraid to ask the family whatever you feel you need to know, and ask again if you are still unsure of the answer. If you are unhappy with your chosen family and you cannot work together to resolve differences, then of course you can leave, but that is an unpleasant situation for you, for the family and very much for the children involved and should be prevented.
Choose your family with care!
For Inbound Au Pairs & Nannies, most of my Families are in London as I am a London based au pair and nanny agency but I also have good families throughout the UK who are looking for great au pairs and nannies.
I place Candidates from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan (who have a visa or a 2nd European nationality) and those from Europe (EU & EEA) do not need any visa to work and travel here; Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Please give me much detail about your childcare work as possible, all babysitting, summer camp positions, leading children’s church groups, tutoring, care of your young brother/sister etc.
Please note, I will only accept registrations from good candidates who have verifiable experience with children; this includes candidates who have been looking after young siblings often by themselves